Tieflings have four major bloodlines, and one other loose affiliation. They are a minority race, but believe themselves the rulers of Rao’s Sanctuary. The tieflings live within five spires in the city: one existed before the Sanctuary’s founding, and four were built after the Ruin by the tieflings.
- Bloodline Exalted (azure spire). Bloodline with fewest members. Ruled by council of five legendary mystics, named ‘Chains’ (First Chain, Second Chain, etc). First Chain is led by Lady Cleo.
- Bloodline Zenith (alabaster spire). Largest bloodline. Pseudo-religious, claiming to follow Rao in their own way, but this is a mask for hyper-capitalism. Will give arms to people in the slums, but those people are likely to be manipulated and blackmailed. Similar to a mafia; Zenith runs a newspaper to try and gain power.
- Bloodline Midnight Resplendent (midnight spire). Organised into covens, worshipping Raven Queen. Gothic aesthetic, generally looked down upon by uninformed. They despise necromancy and dark magic, and will root it out wherever possible. Their matriarch is Lady of the Moon Ascendant.
- Bloodline Scar (firestone spire). Common knowledge is that Scar is a brutal bloodline. A military house, ruled by Lord Firestone (essentially a warlord). There are three princes beneath them: Shattered Arch, who wields a two-handed mace; Laughing Shadow, a bard/rogue assassin; and Crimson Star, a magic-user (Set’s sister). Most Sanctuary guards are from this bloodline.
- House Anthem (Verdant spire, which existed before the others). A collection of tieflings who have left or been exiled from their bloodline. Neither good nor evil, but chaotic. Shun titles, have no leader.